Monday, May 18, 2009

My Life...to date

SO today I took what I believe to be my first steps toward a better life. I went to Banner for volunteer orientation. I got some tests ran and in a few weeks will be cleared to work. I will be working with patients and nurses. I was told that given my interest and future career goals, I may get to experience more than a normal volunteer. I can't wait. I already feel like it's more permanent. I told Ryan, I have always changed my mind. I have always given up for whatever reason, this time feels different. He said maybe all I needed was the love of a good man.

I am reminded of a metaphor and poem Maddie once wrote me. It said, well I'm not quite as poetic as she but it said that I was a rose. It said when I'm single I'm in bloom. I give piece and petal of myself slowly to each man I come in contact with. They remove all of my petals and left is a wilting stem, and they are no longer drawn to my former beauty. Well, Ryan is instead helping me bloom. I feel smarter, prettier, and happier than I can ever remember. I can do this.....

Why did I ever let jerks make me forget I was?

No comments: